where the cornflakes are

this blog may appear to be experiencing an on-going existential crisis - it isn't quite sure whether it's about knitting, crip stuff or life in general

Friday, February 17, 2006

A unique valentine's day compliment I may never hear again

Actual text message exchange in which I engaged on Valentine's Day:

Me: Just saw Brokeback Mountain. You were right - I cried my head off! If I could be reincarnated I think I'd like to come back as a gay cowboy in the 60s, just so I could support the cause!

Sean: I think you'd make a fantastic gay cowboy, whether in the 60s or today! The hat and the boots would be most becoming! Can you ride a horse?

Me: I think that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day! Alas, I cannot ride a horse.

Sean: Well I guess you wouldn't necessarily NEED the horse... That's what the other gay cowboys are for!

Me: Err... Are we talking about MY ideal afterlife or YOURS?

So while there were no lovely Valentine's Day surprises for little old me this year, I may have inadvertently found a new ambition. I do already have some very cute cowboy boots!

3 Comments:

At 4:06 am, Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

One of Lady Bracknell's gay friends once described her as "a gay man in a woman's body".

If there is a higher compliment than that, Lady Bracknell has yet to hear it...

 
At 6:39 am, Blogger marmiteboy said...

Whip crackaway, whip crackaway ;-)

 
At 7:09 pm, Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Stella may not be aware that she has written the post of the week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home